Wednesday 15 July 2015

Paper pants and surgery

I'm high on morphine at the moment so i apologise if this post doesn't make any sense.

Well I'm still in hospital. On Sunday it was my birthday and look what i woke up to.
The night staff had made me bunting out of gloves hehe. Was a lovely thing to do. Alot of my family and friends came to visit and i hope to do something when i get out.

I've also realised that i may have most of the hospital pumps on my iv pole. I'm usually connected to 3 lines at once. I'm quite used to it now. Bit of a nightmare to move it when I'm in my wheelchair though.






Yesterday i finally went for my op to fit my peg. It went OK but woke up in agony. They had to cut me open, find my stomach and fit my peg next to the incision. I have bee nil by mouth for 48 hours as i need to let my stomach to heal. The next step is to extend my tube into my bowel via endoscopy. This was the original plan and thought i would be out within a week. It can't be done yet as i need at least a week to heal. I also cannot use my new peg until then. I'm quite happy staying in tpn at the mo.

It has taken a while to get my pain under control. I didn't sleep last night as i cannot sleep on either side or my back and i was in agony. Luckily morphine and other painkillers have come to the rescue.  

Oh and i got to wear sexy paper pants. However i think they look better as a hat



Off now with the fairies x

4 comments:

  1. Oh Hayley poor you... Really hope you feel better soon...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hayley
    Can you send me your Address so I can send you a card....
    Thinking of you...
    Hugs Sylvie xx
    Gibraltar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the paper pants on the head look Hayley! How nice of the staff to put you some unique bunting up for your birthday. Hoping your stay in hospital isn't too long and Happy belated birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A whole new use for paper pants and also for gloves!
    Poor you having to be in hospital for your birthday. Hope you soon start to feel a whole lot better. Have sent you an email, hope you still have the same email address. X

    ReplyDelete